Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc
Primary duties include:
- Member of the Operating Committee with day to day involvement in company operations and business strategies.
-Ability to work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Board of Directors and our operations leaders, which are currently located in 23 offices in 15 states.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, directing, and evaluating the firmís fiscal functions. The individual will provide strategic leadership on financial affairs of the corporation.
- Responsible for managing the firmís finance and accounting staff and the related functions including: financial reporting (internal and external audit), treasury, project accounting, payroll, business insurance, self-insured insured captives, accounts payable, internal controls including subcontracting, and credit and collections.
- Develop and maintain relationships with creditors and educate them about the business, use of debt and shareholder equity in an employee ownership structure.
- Experience with cost and pricing matters in the engineering consulting industry including an understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) particularly Government Cost Accounting Standards and allowable overhead costs. Supervise the preparation of annual overhead rates, certify rate submittals.
- Support operations proposal / prequalification efforts related to cost and pricing, licensing, and taxes.
- Establish working relationships as both a leader in the internal organization and as the primary interface with lenders, business insurance, taxation, external audit and other advisors.
- Prepare, present and explain financial results in an understandable way to all employees, shareholders, management and the Board of Directors.
- Manage the credit and collections function including credit evaluations and financial analysis of new and existing clients.
- Develop and articulate key financial issues and assumptions relative to business performance forecasts including, but not limited to, capital expenditures, shareholder equity, and cash flow.
- Partner with operational leadership to continually develop key performance indicator reporting to monitor and communicate performance against goals.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining proper internal controls and managing the external independent audits by our public accounting firm and Government overhead rate audits.
- Manage all aspects of tax planning and compliance of all Federal State & local tax matters.
- Manage all aspects of treasury including equipment leasing, stock debt, credit card program, and the corporate credit agreement including covenant compliance and forecasting.
Government overhead rates
-Evaluate potential acquisitions and divestures and provide valuation analysis. Manage the financial aspects of integration.
- Advise the CEO, COO and Board of Directors assessing the value creation potential of existing and new business, acquisitions, and facilitate and model various corporate strategies.
- Understand the debt and capital structure of the company and periodically prepare long term modeling of employee / shareholder ownership transition under various assumptions demonstrating current shareholder value and additional future value impacts.
- Manage the company employee stock ownership program, including Federal and State registration requirements, stock ownership plans, shareholder records and shareholder relations.
- Manage the annual valuation process, benchmarking and present to the Board of Directors for approval and the results to employees and shareholders.
- Chair the 401K Retirement Plan Committee, Administrator for the CEC 401K Plan, review and sign the 5500 Report and manage the annual audit and related filings.
-Participate with the content development and delivery of the financial aspects of CECís internal manager training program.
Learn more below.