Freshman Admissions Counselor
Robert Morris University
Location: Moon Township, PA
This is an entry level position within the admissions department responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate students to the university to achieve departmental objectives. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Admissions.
- Responsible for effectively managing the recruitment of prospective freshmen from within a designated geographic recruitment territory. a) Responsible for the scheduling and visitation of high schools, primarily within the designated territory. b) Responsible for the use of the Enrollment Management Action System (EMAS), the Patriot System and PowerFaids in order to correspond with prospective students.
- Reviews admission applications, evaluates credentials and makes admission decisions.
- Counsels prospective applicants on the admissions and financial aid processes and opportunities.
- Responsible for explaining the various admissions practices, procedures, and policies of the University to prospective students, parents and guidance counselors. Provides a follow-up with students and parents via phone, letters, email and scheduled appointments in specific recruitment territory.
- Responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of on and off-campus recruiting events, as assigned by the - Associate Director of Admissions; contributes to the success of various student visit programs.
- Responsible for completing phone calls, face-to-face visits, and written correspondence, as assigned by the - Director/Associate Director and scheduled through the EMAS software.
- Adheres to university policies and procedures regarding travel and procurement. On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the university. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours. All other duties as assigned.
Learn more and apply below.