Senior Child Protection Operations Specialist/ Child Protection Operations Specialist
Carnegie Mellon University
We are seeking a Senior Child Protection Operations Specialist or a Child Protection Operations Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the processes and procedures which ensure that university functions that involve minor children are conducted in compliance with requirements outlined in the Policy on the Protection of Children in Carnegie Mellon University Programs, Activities and Facilities and Pennsylvania Act 153. You will be responsible for developing and conducting educational programs to help university faculty, staff and students understand the policy and best-practices for working with minors on campus and for communicating and collaborating with the university community and other university offices.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting in finding opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Collaborating with the Office of the General Counsel, Enterprise Risk Management and other university offices to discuss questions that arise in response to Act 153 and University Policy compliance.
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing procedures and protocols for daily operations including standard operating procedures.
- Facilitating clearance processing for individuals participating in CMU-affiliated programs. Providing information to programs/coordinators about clearance requirements and processing.
- Identifying and synthesizing issues within operation as it relates to governance, policy, procedure, and systems.
- Providing responsible parties and other partners with requirements and resources and/or connections, as needed to support operations.
- Providing training sessions or presentations to CMU-affiliated organizations or departments. Topics include but are not limited to mandatory reporting of child abuse, maintaining safe boundaries with minors, best-practices when working with minors, programmatic planning sessions, CMU Policy requirements, and facilitation of child protective clearances.
- Determining solutions to operational problems that arise.
- Other duties as assigned
Learn more and apply below.