Logistics Management Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
PITT OHIO, a $826 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking an Logistics Management Specialist to join our team at our Corporate Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no weekly premiums, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
Act as a coordinator and first point of contact for Supply Chain Solutions accounts and Fast Tracks/Expedites. Coordinate movement of shipments with approved carriers as requested by customers. Responsible for monitoring deliveries and ensuring customer satisfaction within our Fast Track Department.
- Provide timely & accurate invoicing, metrics, and reports as required for various accounts
- Oversee the daily coordination of drivers, equipment, and safety concerns for dedicated accounts
- Act as a liaison between terminal management, vehicle maintenance, safety and other departments that support the Supply Chain dedicated accounts
- Grow the expedite business by contacting existing and new customers to increase revenues and establish relationships with these customers
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and movement of goods for Expedite
- Negotiate spot quote pricing with customer and carrier for non-repetitive moves
- Enter and monitor loads in our TMS system for Expedite and Transportation Management Accounts
- Proactively handle customer shipment routing requests; act as a coordinator between PITT OHIO, customer and associated carrier
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned