This work involves the
installation, operation and maintenance of all steam boilers, heating
ventilation, air conditioning equipment (HVAC) and other installations
and building equipment owned by the County of Allegheny.
- Checks boilers and related machinery for proper operation, making necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Keeps logs of boiler room operations, records data, e.g., fuel consumed, temperature and pressure, etc.
- Installs, maintains and repairs laundry equipment, kitchen equipment and steam boilers, etc.
- Installs, maintains and repairs heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment (HVAC) and refrigeration units, etc.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.