Staff Engineer - Materials Development
Location: New kensington
Primary Purpose of the Job:
Initiating and executing aluminum product development and/or process
improvement projects to deliver cost reduction and growth opportunities for
• Leading lab-scale studies and plant-scale trials to successful
completion by collaborating effectively with various teams across ATC and in
• Develop metallurgical expertise in heat-treatable 2xxx (including
Al-Li), 6xxx & 7xxx alloys primarily for the aerospace market but also for
the industrial, automotive & wheels markets.
Essential Knowledge & Skills / Education:
• In-depth understanding in physical and mechanical metallurgy (including
fracture mechanics) of aluminum-based materials through both fundamental and
applied research. Demonstrated ability to relate composition and processing
effects on microstructure and properties.
• Strong technical leadership and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
• Proven record in R&D project management skills.
• Track record in delivering innovative solutions with significant value.
• Master of Science in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science
from an accredited institution.
•Minimum 3 years of applied R&D experience in the aluminum alloy
•Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the
time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.