Larson Design Group
The Survey Technician will assist the LDG project team in all aspects of field surveying,
data acquisition and documentation. This position requires interaction
with clients both internally and externally.
• Properly operate and adjust surveying equipment including total stations, GPS, data collectors, levels, etc.
a basic understanding of the fundamentals of land surveying including
measurements, basic math, algebra, trigonometry, deed interpretation,
plan interpretation, field note- and sketch requirements.
• Prepares drawings, mapping products and other tasks as assigned in an accurate and neat manner.
all work performed to ensure its accuracy prior to turning it over to
the supervisor or designee assigned to review the work.
• Makes corrections to work from red lines provided
• Assists with surveys, field work with other staff as assigned.
• Use of CAD, GIS, other specific software for their discipline in order to satisfy project requirements.
• High school diploma and 2 years' experience with the software/programs related to the discipline.
• Associate's degree in computer-based drafting/technical degree and no experience is desired.
• Certification for AutoCAD, MicroStation, ArcGIS or other software/program within the discipline is desired.
• FAA Chapter 107 sUAV pilot certification desired
• Two years of job experience in a related position with another A/E/S firm is desired.
• Prior experience working on active construction sites is preferred.