National Sales Director
VisitPITTSBURGH is recruiting for an individual to promote and market the Greater Pittsburgh area as a convention and tradeshow site.
National Sales Directors manage the development, coordination, and implementation of sales strategies and the solicitation of this business in a specified geographic territory and/or for a particular special interest group. This position is responsible for soliciting meeting and convention business from national associations in the Southeast area of the United States, and also from these specific markets, regardless of geographical territory:
- Social, Military, Multi-Cultural, Religious, Fraternity/Sorority
- Women’s Organizations
- Seasoned sales experience, particularly in the convention or hospitality industry
- A self-starter who takes the initiative, with the ability to research potential sales prospects and effectively close the sale
- A committed sales professional, possessing a great deal of creativity and initiative, with excellent time-management, organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution and human relation skills
- Able to effectively establish and maintain good working relationships with event planners and local stake-holders
- Effective negotiating and diplomacy skills, with the ability to effectively understand and communicate with diverse personalities, external groups and internal staff
Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Business Management, or related field is required. Travel, frequently by air, is required. Five to ten years practical experience in selling, along with the ability to research potential sales prospects, and plan, develop and create new campaigns and strategies to promote Pittsburgh as a destination for conventions and tradeshows. Seasoned knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Knowledge of iDSS sales database preferred. Knowledge of social media applications including Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn is preferred. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Vice President, Convention Sales and offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefit package.
To be considered, qualified applicants must submit a cover letter of interest, resume and references. Only candidates with the necessary credentials will be contacted. No calls please.