Project Specialist - Technical Programs
Location: Warrendale, PA
This position is responsible for project management of
various technical programs related to the business plan of the Ground Vehicle
Business Unit. Business activities include but are not limited to the
identification, development, management and marketing of new Ground Vehicle
Standards cooperative research, government funded projects, and identifying
opportunities for new Ground Vehicle standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying, proposing and assisting in implementing new
SAE standards related projects in advanced technology areas such as vehicle
connectivity and automation, vehicle electronics, vehicle electrification,
advanced materials, etc.
- Managing all aspects of new technical cooperative research
projects and government funded projects resulting in revenue for the Ground
Vehicle Standards Business Unit including review of work products, budgeting,
financial projections and management of outside experts.
- Assisting in writing proposals for government funded
projects and industry cooperative research; reviewing proposals for technical
merit and completeness.
- Managing alignment between SAE standards and regulations
through development and maintenance of effective relationships with government
agencies and industry trade organizations relative to the Ground Vehicle
- Developing standards maps that reflect current and future
technology trends, identifying gaps and organizing standards development
efforts to fill them.
- Contributing to the achievement of SAE's organizational
goals. Additional projects as assigned.