Global Market Intelligence Consultant - Transportation
GMI – The Global Market Intelligence Team is a fast-paced group of
global consultants who are accountable for providing in-depth market
assessments for all industrial markets that impact Alcoa’s supply chain,
directly or indirectly. These assessments are used to develop Alcoa
Procurement’s sourcing strategies and help guide critical business
The GMI consultant role is the start of a rewarding, challenging, and highly flexible career at Alcoa. The GMI team is a natural starting point because of its unique exposure to Alcoa’s critical supply chain, business units, and the vast number of economic, political, environmental, and legal factors that impact the commodity markets in which we transact. Our expectation is that after a 2-3 year experience as a Consultant, team members will be well-positioned to pursue expanded positions within Alcoa’s procurement sourcing organization, or branch out into other exciting groups focused on business strategy, marketing, or finance.
The Market Intelligence Consultant will report to the Global Market Intelligence Manager, who is responsible for managing all aspects of Alcoa’s Market Intelligence for Strategic Raw Materials, Indirect Materials, Services, and Transportation.
- Candidates must have intelligence, market research, consulting, or strategy experience.
- Minimum overall work experience of 5 years.
- Fluent English.
- The ability to work virtually with a diverse team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must.
- Familiarity working with large data sets and direct experience with manipulating, interpreting, and drawing actionable insights from these data sets.
- Microsoft Excel and data management skills to an advanced level, as well as direct experience developing executive level presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong networking skills and aggressiveness to continuously expand network.
- Economics, market research, chemical engineering, or related subject, to degree level.
Learn more below.