Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develops new and modified grades of TPU in line with strategy. Works with customers to understand their needs and develop / modify products accordingly.
- Designs, plans and carries out small-scale lab reactions and pilot plant studies.
- Assists in troubleshooting issues in resin production.
- Assists Technical Service when introducing new TPU formulations to customers. †Monitors new customer product data and assists with troubleshooting.
- Stays up-to-date on technical trends in the market and benchmarks competitive products.
- Works with product management, pilot plant and production personnel to successfully scale-up new grades.
- Evaluates raw materials and additives to determine their effect on TPU properties.
- Bachelorís degree in a technical discipline and at least eight years of applicable technical experience;
- OR Masterís degree in a technical discipline with at least four years of applicable technical experience;
- OR PhD in a technical discipline with at least two years of applicable technical experience
Learn more below.