Connection Activities Coordinator Position – Full Time
Vibrant Pittsburgh (VP) is an economic development non-profit organization, located in Pittsburgh, PA, that works to grow a talented and diverse workforce for the region. In 2009 and 2010, a multitude of conversations among community leaders from the business, non-profit, education, and foundation sectors led to the formation of
Vibrant Pittsburgh which launched officially in December 2010. The VP mission is to lead a “People Renaissance” that:
1) Embraces inclusion;
2) Ensures our region’s growth by attracting, retaining, elevating and welcoming a diverse workforce; and
3) Promotes the Pittsburgh Region nationally and internationally as a diverse, welcoming region of opportunities.
The Connection Activities Coordinator position works closely with the Vice President of Development and External Affairs to coordinate the organization’s retention efforts, outreach to community groups, outcome tracking and sourcing for new members. The candidate must have strong organizational skills, cultural competence and be able to build relationships across a broad array of differences.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements the details of 15-20 connection events annually for newcomers, affinity groups and other partners as part of Vibrant Pittsburgh’s retention strategy
- Coordinates outreach efforts to diverse groups in the Pittsburgh region informing them about our work, finding meaningful partnerships and finding ways to connect them to our employer members
- Uses assessments that have been put into place to track programmatic outcomes and report on progress through monthly reporting
- Uses Salesforce database to track member prospects and coordinate standard sales process for unqualified prospects
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Broad project management experience, including experience organizing meetings and events
- Community outreach and engagement experience
- Organizational and planning skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in implementing programming in a non-profit setting is an asset
- Bilingual ability is an asset
- A strong command of the Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience: Applicants with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in program management, event planning, community outreach or related field is preferred.
To apply for the position, please forward your resume to Lora McKnight at email@example.com. To learn more about Vibrant Pittsburgh, please visit www.vibrantpittsburgh.org
Vibrant Pittsburgh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Vibrant Pittsburgh complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to the terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Vibrant Pittsburgh expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.