On June 26th, the Supreme Court allowed parts of
President Trumpís Executive Order concerning refugees and immigrants to take
effect starting July 29th. Here are the highlights:
- This decision will be final until October 2017.
- Most resettlement will be paused for the next 120 days.
- Individuals from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and
Yemen will be prevented from traveling to the US for the next 90 days.
- Refugees from the above 6 countries who already have
connections to the US will still be able to enter, including those attending college
in the US or reuniting with family. A concrete list of connections that will be
recognized has not emerged yet.
- During the 90 day ban, the government will review the US
resettlement program for safety and security.
Read more details about this development in 18 different
languages at the†Refugee Center Online†- link below: