Watch award-winning master chefs Li Yijun and Liao Yuxiang as they showcase the ancient techniques of Taiwanese cooking. On the menu—Taiwanese street food! Learn and WATCH the chefs focus on light, natural flavors and simple preparations including innovative ways to meet the demands of healthy vegetarian cooking. Then sit down to enjoy this special cuisine with your old friends and maybe meet some new ones!
The Demonstration – Teaching contents of cooking:
Theme of Taiwanese snack food and healthy vegetarian food
(1) Taiwanese snacks:
- Soup (such as shrimp starched soup, meat starched soup, squid starched soup, dumpling soup, oyster with angel hair pasta)
- Cakes (such as Taiwanese pepper cake, Hand pulled onion cake, Chive pie)
- Rice cake category (such as: Five spiced steamed sweet rice, Bamboo tube sweet rice, Sweet rice dumplings)
- Other categories (such as: Bean curd grilled salmon, Salt crisp chicken, Shrimp rolls, Chicken rolls, Beef noodles, Meatballs, Pumpkin fried rice-noodle).
- Characteristic class (such as: Rose oil chicken, Mouth watery chicken, Taiwanese red yeast meat, Crisp fried Pleurotus)
- Innovative class (such as: Golden pickled vegetable, Honey plum tomato, Pulled silk sweet potatoes, Pumpkin carrot cake)
(2) Healthy Vegetarian: Lecture for people on healthy diet demands.
- Healthy Vegetarian Foods (Purple Rice Cake (Imitated pig blood cake)), Pearl Ball (Vegetarian), Five Spiced Imitated Oyster (Vegetarian))
Menu (Subject to change):
Crispy grilled salmon or Five spiced steamed sweet rice, Taiwanese pepper cake, Golden pickled vegetable, Honey plum tomato
Limited seating available, register now!!
This event is a fundraiser. The proceeds will help fund the annual OCA Free Medical & Dental Clinic and OCA Pittsburgh’s mission of advocacy, civic engagement, community outreach and cultural education programs. Founded in 1973, OCA is a national organization dedicated to advancing the social, political and economic well-being of Asian Pacific Americans.