REGIONAL ECONOMIC INCLUSION SUMMIT
Inspiring, Attracting and Retaining Talent
The First Annual Vibrant Pittsburgh Regional Economic Inclusion Summit is designed for Leaders, Employee Resource Groups and Affinity Groups from across the region. The Summit will:
- Bring together a diversity of leaders committed to the advancement of people of color into executive roles;
- Bring together BRG/ERG leaders, members and executive sponsors from across organizations and sectors;
- Foster connections and enhance networks;
- Inspire more employees to participate in BRGs/ERGs and pursue BRG/ERG leadership roles;
- Recognize leadership and leadership support, and
- Highlight the promising work that organizations are doing around the region.
2017 SUMMIT: SAVE THE DATE – September 11-12, 2017
DAY 1: September 11, 2017 | Westin Convention Center Hotel, Pittsburgh | Evening Reception and Awards Dinner
Featuring our Leading the Way awardees and Keynote Presentation by Carol Fulp, President/CEO of The Partnership in Boston. The Partnership is a nationally recognized organization that develops and prepares talent of color for C-Suite roles. The Partnership has been credited with improving diverse talent attraction and retention in the Boston area. For more information about The Partnership: https://www.thepartnershipinc.org/about/news-leadership/
DAY 2: September 12, 2017 | David L. Lawrence Convention Center | Collaboration with the Pittsburgh Region Diversity & Inclusion Forum
- Pre-Session Breakfast Reception | Attendees and ERGs can meet and network and begin a dialogue that can carry over into the learning sessions.
- Two Concurrent Sessions | Both sessions will feature speakers who are leaders and though leaders advancing critical work that is fostering talent attraction and retention.
- Session 1: ERG Leaders and Members
- Session 2: Invitation only. Executive Roundtable for HR Executives, CEOs and ERG Executive Sponsors
- Award Luncheon | ERG/BRG Awards will be announced.
- Brand your organization with regional efforts to attract and retain talent of all backgrounds;
- Demonstrate your leadership and commitment to the development and growth of your BRG/ERG strategy;
- Connect with other leaders to learn how BRGx/ERGs can affect your bottom line.
VIBRANT PITTSBURGH MEMBERSHIP: Consider becoming a Member and receive year long benefits along with your sponsorship benefits. Contact Melanie Harrington, President & CEO, for more information about Membership at 412.281.8600 x204.
2017 D&I SURVEY
PITTSBURGH REGION WORKFORCE DIVERSITY & INCLUSION BEST PRACTICES SURVEY: The sharing of Best Practices between and among organizations is identified as a Benchmark for good diversity and inclusion (D&I work). Pittsburgh-area business and community organizations are participating in this region-wide survey that will be compiled in a report highlighting the good work and best practices of our organizations and/or field offices.
SURVEY RESPONSES: Submissions provided for the survey will be used to describe individual and collective organizational best practices fostering the inclusion and retention of diverse talent in the Pittsburgh region. Submissions will be compiled, categorized, and published. Organizations and Best Practice(s) may be highlighted in the Vibrant Pittsburgh report, to be released during the Summit.
SURVEY DATES: May 15 – July 14, 2017
Complete the D&I Survey now!
2017 ERG/BRG NOMINATIONS
EMPLOYEE/BUSINESS RESOURCE GROUP (ERG/BRG) AWARDS: Awards will be given during the Summit in three areas:
- Helping to attract talent to the ERGs organization (WORKFORCE)
- Helping to create a more inclusive culture for the ERGs organization (WORKPLACE)
- Helping to cultivate marketplace opportunities for the organization (MARKETPLACE)
- Additionally, an award will be given to the Best ERG Executive Sponsor of the Year
Nominations for the ERG/BRG will be submitted via two ways:
- 2017 D&I Survey | Available Now | May 15 – July 14
ERB/BRG Nominations will be obtained from respective survey responses in the 2017 Pittsburgh Region Workforce Diversity & Inclusion Best Practices Survey. Vibrant Pittsburgh and the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Forum is currently surveying our region to identify our organizations’ good work and best practices. Survey responses will be categorized and selected practices will be shared in a report that will be released during the Summit.
Nominate your ERG/BRG! Complete the D&I Survey now!
- 2017 ERB/BRG Nominations | Coming Soon! | Estimated June 1-July 31