College Students Register Now for Internship Prep Opportunities
HireUS: Higher Ed Students Program
Work experience through an internship is now also seen as an essential step to a rewarding career. HireUS: Higher Ed Students will expose college students to regional internship opportunities and provide career preparation sessions presented by top employers to help ensure successful intern applicants and access to Pittsburgh businesses.
What’s in it for you?
- Exposure and interaction with recruiting and hiring managers
- Employer introductions; position, responsibility, education, one major professional accomplishment
- Presentation, tour and types of careers available at the company
- A fun and memorable developmental activity to help prepare you for successful internship opportunities
- One-on-one or small group conversations with employees who attended your college or university
|Session 2 – Friday, February 10, 2017 9:00am – 11:30am||Connect for Success – Networking||Highmark|
|Session 3 – Friday, February 24, 2017 9:00am – 11:30am||How to work a Career job fair||FedEx Ground|
|Session 4 – Friday, TBD, 2017 9:00am – 11:30am||Career Laddering – How to move up the career ladder, laying the foundation||TeleTracking (Session cancelled)
|Session 5 – Friday, TBD, 2017 9:00am – 11:30am||How to obtain Internships -Negotiation||Propel Schools|
|Session 6 – Friday, TBD, 2017 9:00am – 11:30am||Job Interview, Expected/Expectations (video interviews, business etiquette, etc)||UPMC|
|Wrap Up – Friday, TBD, 2017 9:00am – 11:30am||Videotape students talking about their experience||Vibrant Pittsburgh|
Students will be picked up at designated location on your campus and transported to offices in downtown Pittsburgh on dates listed. A bus schedule will be provided. Also, students can provide their own transportation with notice.
- Students must dress professionally.
- Vibrant Pittsburgh will provide a free online portal where all internship information can be accessed students and employers.
- Participants must be enrolled as an undergraduate student at a college or university.
Student Registration: Register now for HireUS Session 4
For more information, contact Jen Yosef at 412-715-1868 or firstname.lastname@example.org