Police Officer, Midnight Shift
Robert Morris University
Location: Moon Campus
Calling all night owls. We are looking for a police officer to join us in providing law enforcement and public safety services to the university community for our midnight shift. It is a sworn position and requires the carrying of a firearm. Our community policing model invites officers to build relationship with the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. Can't stay up that late? We are also hiring part-time.
The position provides law enforcement and public safety services to the University community. It is a sworn position and requires the carrying of a firearm.
- Enforce the laws legislated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the rules/regulations established by the University.
- Provide law enforcement, security, and police related services to the University community in an effort to enhance the safety and security of people and property.
- Conduct proactive mobile and foot patrols in an effort to deter or detect criminal activity, security breaches, or public safety issues.
- Respond to incidents and/or requests for assistance by the University community and take appropriate action to either resolve or contain a situation.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of criminal and related non-criminal incidents.
- Document criminal and related non-criminal incidents, using established departmental reports and/or forms, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enhance the University community’s awareness about safety and security issues through informal discussions and formal programming, as directed.
- Provide general information to the University community and its visitors, when requested.
- All other duties as assigned.