Community Supported Living Supervisor-Allegheny County
Are you a mission-driven individual looking for a career to make a difference in someone’s life? Are you seeking a position that offers flexibility to fit your schedule, including various shifts and weekends? Achieva offers career opportunities to individuals who are caring, compassionate and kind.
Achieva is an organization where everyone is valued and respected. Achieva employees support people with disabilities as they live, work, play, and follow their life aspirations.
Sign-on / retention bonus of $3,000.00 for full-time hires!
At Achieva, we envision a community where all people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance. We are an organization of professionals and community partners that help people reach their individualized goals. For over 70 years, Achieva has been committed to the support and inclusion of those with disabilities.
Position type: Full-time, hourly
Minimum requirements: Preferred Bachelors degree, or equivalent with some previous experience. Ability to complete one person transfers is required. Valid Pa driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Salary/rate: $22.19 per hour
Location: Allegheny County
Travel: Vehicle at each site for transportation.
A unique opportunity to become part of Achieva’s management team. This role coordinates the daily operation of assigned Community Home(s). Together with each person, their family, and other team members, assist in charting a course that supports each person in realizing their life of personal significance.
Job Responsibilities – Highlights
- Provide direct care supports to people with intellectual or developmental disabilities and specialized care in daily living, social, and recreational activities.
- Ensures compliance of the Department’s Policies and Procedures relative to Community Homes. Assembles maintains and monitors all in-house and persons records. Assists with and ensures the upkeep and maintenance of the home.
- Implements formal and informal outcome plans to assist the person in achieving their personal outcomes.
- Develops the weekly staff schedule. Adjusts staff schedules due to vacation, absenteeism or illness with prior approval. Ensures all shifts are covered.
- Communicates and resolves program and individual concerns with the Community Homes Supervisor on a regular basis. Participates in general staff meetings.
- Assign and ensure completion of each persons Annual Assessment and supporting documents and ensures the implementation of the outcomes identified in the Individual Support Plan.
- Distributes individual funds, obtains and submits receipts and assists with banking as advised.
- Administer medications (upon completion of certification; all necessary training provided).
- Must obtain CPR certification within six months of the start date.
In addition to paying for federal and state clearances, Achieva offers 24 hours of training, annually, relevant to Human Services. In addition, we have implemented Medication Administration training, which would need to be completed successfully. This training assists our DSP’s in ensuring all prescribed medication is dispensed and documented per P&P in partnership with the individual.
Benefits – Full time
- Medical, dental, and vision with low employee monthly contributions and low deductibles
- Achieva pays for term life insurance, accidental death insurance, and long term disability
- 403(b) retirement plan. Achieva contributes to the 403(b) retirement plan after 1 year with or without employee contributions.
- Paid time off and holiday pay
The equivalent of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of experience working directly with individuals with an intellectual disability is preferred.
Good interpersonal and organizational skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills are needed to be successful in this role. The ability to complete one person transfers is essential. Must meet Act 33 and 34 Requirements. Reliable transportation is needed for success in this role; and a valid drivers license is highly preferred. Supervisory experience is preferred in this position.
In addition to paying for federal and state clearances, Achieva offers 24 hours of training, annually, relevant to Human Services. In addition, we have implemented Medication Administration training, which would need to be completed successfully. This training assists our Community Living Professionals in ensuring all prescribed medication is dispensed and documented per P&P in partnership with the individual.
Achieva offers a number of benefits, such as Medical, Dental, and Vision with Low employee Monthly contributions,403(b) Plan (All Employees) with employer contribution, Achieva paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Short-Term Disability and Whole Life and Group Term Life Insurance, generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and personal, 8 Paid holidays , and Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Come be a life-changer at Achieva!
Achieva is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE) and an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. ACHIEVA is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department, 412-995-5000, or email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.