Parenting Support Professional
We are looking for professionals in providing mentorship and guidance to various parents around the Pittsburgh area. Make a difference in the lives of the parents, children, and their families that we support!
Sign-on/Retention bonus – $3,000 for full time hires!
At Achieva, we envision a community where all people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance. We are an organization of individuals, professionals, and community partners that help people reach their individualized goals. Throughout its 70 years, Achieva has been committed to the support and inclusion of those with disabilities.
Position type: Full Time, hourly
Salary/rate: $18.60 per hour
Location: Allegheny County
Travel: Vehicle at each site for transportation
The Parenting Support Professional is responsible for supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, or suspected intellectual disabilities. Together with the person and their family, assist in charting a course that supports each Person in realizing their goals and dreams and achieving an everyday life that is important to them that includes being a parent.
Job Responsibilities – Highlights
- Respect and support each Person’s right to make choice and exercise self-determination, resulting in life experiences and personal growth for themselves and their children.
- Understand the importance of family in each Person’s life. Build a positive relationship with family members.
- Provide opportunities for each person to explore their interest in their community and build relationships.
- Develop positive working relationships with team members to include team members related to child protective services.
- Support each Person’s needs and requests for support to include: Person-Centered goals and outcomes, appointments, relationship building, legal/court hearing and meetings, educational meetings and behavior support sessions for themselves or their children.
- Adheres to the appropriate procedures in the event of a crisis situation. Adheres to instructions given by the Supervisor. Contacts the appropriate people, both professionals and family as advised.
- Ensures effective communication with the individuals supported, families and other people involved in the provision of supports for the individual as advised.
- Must obtain CPR certification within six months of the start date.
In addition to paying for federal and state clearances, Achieva offers 24 hours of training, annually, relevant to Human Services. We will facilitate the completion of the Nurturing Parenting Curriculum training.
Benefits – Full time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with low employee monthly contributions
- Achieva paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
Voluntary Short-Term Disability and Whole Life and Group Term Life Insurance
- 403(b) Plan (All Employees) with employer contribution
- Paid training
- MUST HAVE Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Social Services/Psychology (Social Work, Education, Psychology, etc.)
- MUST be able to become CPR certified within 6 months of employment.
- Valid Pa driver’s license and properly insured automobile.
Achieva is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE) and an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Achieva is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resource Department, 412-995-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org