Job Title: Community Employment Specialist
Are you looking for an opportunity to help people with disabilities find competitive employment? We are currently looking for someone with a passion for helping others live a life of personal significance and to assist others achieve their goals and aspirations!
$3,000.00 sign on / retention bonus
At Achieva, we envision a community where all people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance. We are an organization of individuals, professionals, and community partners that help people reach their individualized goals. Throughout its 70 years, Achieva has been committed to the support and inclusion of those with disabilities.
Full Time, hourly (some flexibility in scheduling)
* Equivalent of a high school diploma and availability to work some evenings/weekends.
* Candidates who have experience working with people with disabilities, employment support, recruitment, or advocacy would be a great fit!
Hourly rate: $16.97/hr
Location: South Side Office
The Community Employment Specialist connects people with disabilities with community-based, competitive employment. Working mainly in the community, this person assesses skills, builds job seeker competencies, establishes relationships with businesses and gives individuals the tools and support needed to be successful.
Job Responsibilities – Highlights:
* Help job seekers with disabilities secure competitive integrated employment through job finding or job development.
* Facilitate work assessments or job trials to evaluate a job seeker’s interest and abilities.
* Provide job shadowing opportunities for job seekers to explore employment options.
* Discover job opportunities, build and maintain relationships with employers and promote sustainable competitive integrated employment.
* Market Achieva employment supports and services and promote the inclusion to employers.
* Medical, dental, and vision with low employee monthly contributions and low deductibles
* Achieva pays for term life insurance, accidental death insurance, and long term disability
* 403(b) retirement plan. Achieva contributes to the 403(b) retirement plan after 1 year with or without employee contributions.
* Paid time off and holiday pay
High school diploma and one year of related experience. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the needs of disabled adults in the working community, and the ability to train disabled adults on a one-to-one basis using a variety of techniques is required. Must be able to communicate an understanding of the needs of the business community and have an understanding of job performance assessment. Position requires flexibility in work schedule, valid Pennsylvania Drivers License, properly insured vehicle available for daily use, Act 33, 34 and FBI clearances are required.
Achieva is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE) and an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Achieva is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department, 412-995-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com