Weekend Coordinator-Allegheny County
Are you a direct support professional looking to apply your skills? Are you looking for a position that fits your schedule? Need to make some extra cash? We staff our community homes 24 hours a day, and we can find a place for you!
Students – great fit for any major – social work, psychology, human services.
Sign-on and retention bonus : $3,000.00 for full time hires!
At Achieva, we envision a community where all people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance. We are an organization of individuals, professionals, and community partners that help people reach their individualized goals. Throughout its 70 years, Achieva has been committed to the support and inclusion of those with disabilities.
Full-time, hourly (Every Weekend)
Salary/rate: $16.50 per hour
Location: Allegheny County
Travel: Vehicle at each site for transportation.
The Weekend Coordinator, of Community Living, is responsible for supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Together with the person and their family, assist in charting a course that supports each Person in realizing their goals and dreams and achieving an everyday life that is important to them. This position coordinates activities, outings, and supports for each weekend.
HOURS: Full-time hours in 2.25 Days – Friday through Sunday. Work day starts on Friday at 7:00 pm and ends on Monday at 12:30 am (Can start earlier or later).
This is a 24-hour shift position with on-site sleep hours of 11:00 pm – 7:00 am, Friday into Saturday and Saturday into Sunday (Exact hours may differ).
Start and end times as well as sleep hours may vary based on needs.
Job Responsibilities – Highlights
* Supports the achievement of individuals’ personal outcomes, completing tasks and assignments as advised.
* Ensures compliance and implementation of the Department’s Policies and Procedures relative to Community Homes.
* Completes the Medication Administration training successfully. Ensures all prescribed medication is dispensed and documented per the Policies and Procedures in collaboration with the individual.
* Must obtain CPR certification within six months of the start date.
* Assists the individual in completing necessary medical appointments and follow-ups and in planning approved community outings on the weekend.
* Distributes individual funds, acquires and submits receipts and assists with banking as directed.
* Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the home.
* Communicates and resolves program and individual concerns with the Community Homes Supervisor on a regular basis. Participates in general staff meetings.
* Adheres to the appropriate procedures in the event of a crisis situation. Adheres to instructions given by the Supervisor. Contacts the appropriate people, both professionals and family as advised.
* Ensures effective communication with the individuals supported, families and other people involved in the provision of supports for the individual as advised.
* Transports individuals as assigned in a safe and timely manner.
In addition to paying for federal and state clearances, Achieva offers 24 hours of training, annually, relevant to Human Services. In addition, we have implemented Medication Administration training, which would need to be completed successfully. This training assists our DSP’s in ensuring all prescribed medication is dispensed and documented per P&P in partnership with the individual.
Benefits – Full time
Medical, Dental, and Vision with low employee monthly contributions:
Achieva paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability, Voluntary Short-Term Disability and Whole Life and Group Term Life Insurance,
403(b) Plan (All Employees) with employer contribution, Paid training
* Equivalent of an Associate’s Degree in Human Services/Social Sciences.
* Able to complete one-person transfers.
* Valid Pa drivers license and properly insured automobile.
Achieva is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE) and an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Achieva is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department, 412-995-5000.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.