Website Allies Health + Wellbeing
The Legal Services Coordinator ensures that Allies’ clients living with HIV/AIDS have access to legal services and assistance in maintaining benefits and housing. The LSC refers clients in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland counties to our network of pro bono legal services. The position will report to the Client Services Manager and will work collaboratively with other Client Services and Clinic staff, our Health Advocates, and a multitude of agencies.
To improve health and well-being, ALLIES provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
ALLIES envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
Work with referred clients to intervene in situations where access to Ryan White eligible services are impeded by issues such as discrimination, breach of contract, or confidentiality
Assess and gather facts related to legal assistance requests and connect clients with local attorneys and legal resources as appropriate
Assist with processes related to public benefits such as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Assist with preparation of documents such as healthcare power of attorney, durable power of attorney, and living wills.
Discuss options related to end of life documents such as wills, trusts, estate planning, and permanency planning to help clients/families make decisions about the placement and care of minor children
Plan and schedule quarterly workshops for clients on topics such as estate planning, rent rebates, SSDI benefits, etc.
Collaborate with external professionals and agencies to advocate for clients’ rights
Provide administrative and clerical support to the client services department
Establish and maintain timely follow-up with clients, referrals, and coordination of services
Record all client interactions and services in electronic case management system on daily basis
Completes all administrative paperwork according to Allies’ guidelines for billing, reimbursement, and reporting
Provide feedback to improve client services
· Evaluate outcomes by measuring, tracking, and analyzing results
· Seek out up-to-date information about Allies’ programs and services, as well as relevant local, regional, and national health statistics that will inform and support our Mission
· Improve job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
· Embrace and exemplify organizational standards and guiding principles for processes, protocols, and utilization
· Commit to Allies’ promise to sustain and extend diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Contribute to efforts which build and reinforce Allies’ distinctive, effective, and ethical practices
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
The Legal Services Coordinator should have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
· Preparation and processing documents appropriate to para-legal certification
· Interviewing clients to gather information about their circumstances to make referral to services
· Familiarity with estate planning, landlord/tenant issues, SSDI, and family law
· Working with a multitude of agencies to coordinate referrals
· Basic knowledge and understanding of AIDS/HIV
· Writing service notes in electronic health record system
· Balancing and prioritizing patient and administrative responsibilities
Two years of clerical/administrative experience in a municipal, governmental, legal, or social/human services agency, or equivalent experience and education, is required. Paralegal or Legal Secretary certification is a plus.
Current PA Notary Public commission or its obtainment within six months of hire, is required.
The Legal Services Coordinator must have a current driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to a reliable personal vehicle. The LSC will be called upon to engage in physical activity appropriate to Clinic and Office environments including the capacity to stand or sit for extended periods. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, Federal criminal history clearances, and verification of TB test performed within the last year are required within the first 30 days of employment.
The designated budget for the Legal Services Secretary is between $20.00 and $22.50 an hour with distinctions made for education and direct service experience with client populations like Allies’.
LGBTQIA identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), individuals with disabilities and legal histories, as well as from other historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com