Website Birgo Realty
Improving Lives Through Real Estate
Join our fast-growing team to improve lives through real estate. The Assistant Property Manager helps take care of properties in the following neighborhoods: Edgewood, Churchill, Turtle Creek, Wilmerding, East McKeesport, and North Versailles. This person makes sure the property budgets are on track and the residents are taken care of.
- Teamwork: We leverage one another’s strengths to achieve more together.
- Humility: We admit our faults and strive to continuously improve.
- Rhinocerality: We charge hard after our highest priorities.
- Integrity: We do the right thing, even when it is costly.
- Vision: We innovate and adapt to improve lives.
- Excellence: We are dependable and accountable to produce quality results.
- Maintain professional communication with tenants, even in escalated circumstances
- Quickly solve tenant problems
- Follow up with delinquent tenants weekly and assist manager in collecting late rent
- Rent as many apartments as possible by managing when tenants move in and out
- Show apartments, process rental applications, and conduct lead management daily
- Write and send messages to tenants
- Do weekly checks on the properties and find ways to make them look better
- Keep the properties in good shape by handling tenant complaints, making sure they follow the rules, and checking the apartments
- Help with budgets and reports
- Work with outside companies to complete work or get pricing for projects
- Other duties as assigned to help Birgo improve lives through real estate
- Finish the most important 90-day projects that support the mission
- Achieve quarterly goals for Controllable Net Income, Tenant Satisfaction, and Occupancy
- Show ongoing growth in your professional skills
Successful Candidate Profile
Education & Experience
- 1+ year of leasing or sales experience
- 1+ year of experience in the property management industry
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent life experience
- Experience working with diverse groups of people
Skills & Qualifications
- Great at connecting with people
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with AppFolio or other property management software platforms (preferred)
- Skilled at organizing and managing your time
- Resilient; stays calm and positive when resolving conflict
- Learning technology comes easy
- Enthusiastic, persuasive communication (written and verbal)
- Can handle many projects at the same time
- Follows rules and works well with set processes
- Committed to doing work on time and at a high standard
- Reliable personal transportation and valid driver’s license – able to visit properties unexpectedly during business hours as needed
- Available to work select evenings and weekends
- Able to ascend/descend stairs and traverse an uneven terrain to access all areas of the properties
- Able to lift and transport up to 25 lbs
- Able to use a computer for a full workday
- Medical, Vision, and Dental health insurance with company contribution
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Time Off program and Paid Holidays
- Healthy Lifestyle Reimbursement program
- Company Profit Sharing Program
Perks of Work Life at Birgo
- Team outings and volunteer events
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Discounted rates at Birgo Properties
More about Birgo
Birgo Realty offers an exciting start-up environment, characterized by fast growth and an entrepreneurial spirit. We take care of our hardworking team by providing opportunities for professional growth, paying attention to holistic staff needs, and celebrating life together every Friday afternoon. Birgo Realty values diversity in our staff and seeks to enhance the diversity of our team at every opportunity.