Website Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
The Workforce Development Coordinator plays a lead role with the development and implementation of CSC internal team development and staff recognition programs and initiatives, including All-Team Meetings; staff onboarding, training, and professional development; and team morale, retention, and recognition programs.
The Workforce Development Coordinator plays a supportive role with other Workforce Development programs, including the Volunteer Program, and supports the larger Service & Engagement Team, performing front-of-house and operational functions when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent experience.
- Background in customer serving, museum, cultural, educational, retail, or related field required; 2 or more years proven experience with program development, staff training and/or personnel management, and/or staff recognition.
- Exemplary customer service skills are required.
- Attention to detail and time management are critical.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work with a wide variety of people are mandatory.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from diverse colleagues and ability to form collaborative working relationships required.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with computers and various software packages, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) preferred and comfort learning new technologies required.
The position entails some periods of sedentary work and some periods of movement throughout all areas of the museum, museum grounds, and external locations. Requires ability to communicate with staff and external guests in a clear and understandable manner.
WORK SCHEDULE: Requires occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- Assist the Director of Workforce Development and other CMP management to develop and implement best practices related to recruitment, hiring, training, and leading staff.
- Play a leadership role in planning for and presenting CSC’s All-Team Meeting program. Plays a lead role in CSC onboarding of new employees, including facilitating Discovery Day trainings and similar onboarding programs.
- With support from the Director of Workforce Development, develop and oversee CSC’s various staff recognition program, such as the High Five and Impact Award programs.
- Play a lead role in developing and implementing CSC’s staff training and preparedness programs, including all programs under the umbrella of CSC University.
- Play a lead role in developing and implementing programs and initiatives designed to improve and maintain team morale.
- Examples include spotlighting team members and departments, improving communication methods, and celebrating customer service and team successes.
- Plan and implement staff appreciation events, such as National Employee Appreciation Day, Summer Staff Appreciation Week, Customer Service Week, and the Holiday Staff Breakroom.
- Plays a lead role in planning the annual staff party/picnic.
- Designs new internal programs and initiatives relating to team development and recognition, consistent with CSC’s strategic goals.
- Assists the Director of Workforce Development to monitor program budgets to assure fiscal sustainability and overall budget management.
- Works within project budgets in a fiscally responsible manner to meet financial projections and timelines.
- Act as a champion for CSC, promoting and ensuring widespread and accurate knowledge of CSC’s mission, 4 Keys, Community Norms, and activities,; demonstrate a commitment to CSC values at all times.
- Assists Director of Workforce Development with Volunteer Program operations as needed during key times, including onboarding, appreciation, and evaluation of volunteers and other non-employee team members.
- Provide “front of house” support and assist the Service & Engagement department, as needed, over the course of the year during times of peak visitation (e.g. holidays, special events, STEM competitions, etc.)
- Perform other duties as required by your superiors.
To apply for this job please visit carnegiemuseums.org.