Website Equitrans Midstream Corp.
We have an exciting opportunity for a remote Tax Specialist I. This role is responsible for the preparation of federal and state income taxes including the tax returns, federal and state withholding filings, estimates, extensions, and account reconciliations. This role will also assist with income tax provision, tax depreciation computations, 1099 filings, regulatory reporting, and other responsibilities as needed.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
– Assist in preparation of federal and state income tax returns
– Preparation of federal and state estimates and extensions
– Assist in preparation of quarterly income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740, including SOX documentation
– Act in compliance with internal controls and SOX policies and procedures
– Prepare account reconciliations for various income and non-income tax accounts
– Provide support for tax compliance and planning projects
– Perform an active role in process improvement initiatives for tax return, tax reporting and other tax department initiatives
– Provide support for federal or state tax audits
– Assist with various non-income tax compliance reporting as needed
– Develop knowledge of tax laws, regulations, court decisions, proposed changes, and other current tax issues
– Provide 1099 reporting research and assistance as needed
– Provide support for tax depreciation and other fixed asset computations
Who you are:
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our CORE values; Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Transparency and Excellence. More specifically related to this position, Equitrans Midstream Corporation seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
– A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
– At least four years of experience in tax compliance and tax accounting
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
– Strong communication and writing skills
– Demonstrated analytical ability
– Large public company, public accounting or accounting experience preferred
– Knowledge of OneSource Income Tax preferred
– Knowledge of Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud a plus
The anticipated salary range for this position is $69,300 to $86,600 plus a total rewards package that includes:
– Short-term incentive plan
– Medical, dental, and vision insurance
– Life and disability insurance
– Retirement and savings plans
– Paid time off
– Overall compensation may vary.