Website Focus on Renewal
Social Services agency
Site Staff Supervisor Position –
About Focus on Renewal: The Focus On Renewal Sto-Rox Neighborhood Corporation (FOR) was founded in 1969. FOR founders led a group of mobilized citizens and community activists to create an umbrella organization for much needed social services now ranging from food security, nutrition, early-childhood education, support groups, crime prevention and mental health services. Also included are arts programs for all ages and access to the Sto-Rox Public Library.
The Site Supervisor oversees the day-to-day program operations, data management and compliance of the Allegheny County Community Violence Reduction Initiative transitional employment program and service delivery program. This program is adapted from the READI Chicago model and developed in partnership with Heartland Alliance.
This role manages and executes the high level operations of the program and assigns/reviews staff members’ work to ensure group objectives are met. The Site Staff Supervisor collects and maintains program data and data systems to assist with the evaluation of the effectiveness of the program.
This Site Staff Supervisor reports to the Program Manager and supervises the Coach, Work Crew Supervisor, and Outreach Workers.
● Participate in all mandatory trainings and professional development as required to ensure effective work to learn the principles of trauma-informed care, cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, conflict de-escalation, harm reduction, and other relevant concepts, and apply that knowledge on a daily basis.
● Attend and lead portions of regular staff meetings, partner meetings, one on one supervision meetings, and community meetings.
● Manage, oversee, and provide accountability over the activities of the Coach, Outreach Workers, and Work Crew Supervisors.
● Review Work Crew Supervisor paperwork, daily feedback entries, and other reporting, and ensure reports are submitted on time.
● Along with Work Crew Supervisor, ensure participants do not exceed weekly maximum wage hours (maximum 20 hours per week of wage work, plus per diem).
● Remain in proactive communication with the Work Crew Supervisor to stay abreast of site location and work status.
● Regularly visit work crew sites to ensure safety protocols, work expectations, and all policies and procedures are being followed.
● Communicate and coordinate with staff to ensure data requirements and other needs are met.
● Monitor staff activities including the entering of detailed, timely, and accurate case notes/program information into appropriate data management systems.
● Routinely and clearly communicate relevant information to team members.Ensure direct reports are aware of and abide by program model, policies, and procedures. ● Complete and submit timely and accurate incident reports.
● Manage all necessary paperwork and reporting associated with orientation, case management activities, employer contacts, participant advancement, retention follow-up, and other programming activities
● Coordinate with outreach provider(s) to manage the handoff of referrals, facilitate interagency communication, and activate reengagement activities for transitional workers who quit, disappear, get fired, or otherwise separate from programming.
● Manage compensation for all staff, ensuring that timecards are correct, with special attention towards managing the stipend/incentive functions for CBI/PD participation. ● Manage orientation process for new participants
○ Provide an accurate overview of what participants can expect from the program including hours, wages, services, activities, and advancement pathways.
○ Accurately communicate expectations for participants, including policies and procedures.
○ Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed in order for participants to begin transitional employment.
○ Coordinate an introduction to the cognitive-behavioral curricula with the Clinician or Clinical Support position and prepare participants to engage in CBT work.
○ Deliver an introduction to Personal Development rationale and activities and prepare participants to engage in Personal Development work.
○ Review and assess transitional worker performance and determine whether participants have met the criteria for advancement within the program.
○ Build and maintain participant interest and enthusiasm for the program.
● Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, or related field, required.
● Two to four years’ relevant managerial experience, i.e. overseeing staff and performance improvement, case management and counseling services in a social service setting, preferably with formerly incarcerated individuals, opportunity youth, or similarly at-risk populations. ● Computer literacy commensurate with job duties.
● Excellent written and verbal communications; excellent organizational and time management skills .
● Knowledge of workforce development and employment services for chronically unemployed individuals or individuals experiencing poverty preferred.
● Familiarity and understanding of cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and trauma-informed care and restorative justice practices preferred.
● Knowledge of local community preferred, including ecosystem of violence prevention, intervention, and reduction organizations and actors, as well as local supports and service providers preferred.
● Commitment to the mission and values of the program, as demonstrated by a professional approach that is strength-based, trauma-informed, inclusive, and grounded in human rights.
● Individuals with criminal records and other lived experience are encouraged to apply.
● No current group or gang affiliations; no pending criminal cases.
Salary and Benefits
● Salary is fixed and non-negotiable at $45,000 – $49,100
● Benefits are medical insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) plan, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid personal time, paid holidays, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For more information on READI, a program originally launched in Chicago by the Heartland Alliance, please visit: https://www.heartlandalliance.org/readi/
For more information on Focus on Renewal, please visit: https://www.forstorox.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com