Government Contract Compliance Manager
Location – Prefer someone working in Pittsburgh in a hybrid arrangement, but open to a strong candidate working fully remotely somewhere in Eastern or Central Time Zones
This individual will be responsible for the administration of all U.S. federal, state and local government contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders. They will also support the development and implementation of Kennametal’s government compliance program.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensure that Kennametal fulfills contractual requirements for U.S. federal, state and local government contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
• Support EMEA/AP regional government contract requirements.
• Ensure Kennametal’s registration via the System for Award Management (SAM) is active and remains current.
• Work with the Kennametal Legal Department to review and execute teaming agreements and subcontracts.
• Manage Kennametal’s Cage Codes.
• Respond to government inquiries and work with business personnel and the Legal Department to resolve any issues.
• Drive compliance with management, information assurance, quality assurance, systems administration, data security, accounting, and supply chain requirements related to government contract/subcontract performance.
• Advise on proper management of cost, schedule, and performance resources relative to government contracts.
• Drive compliance with all Operations Security (OPSEC) directives.
• Work in conjunction with the Kennametal Legal Department to develop and maintain quality, safety, security, and EEO training programs as well as Standard Operating Procedures and policies related to government contracts/subcontracts and programs.
• Conduct personnel training on topics related to government contracting and compliance.
• Identify and manage program risks with business personnel and execute risk mitigation activities as appropriate. Develop corrective and preventive action plans when necessary.
• Maintain traceability and integration between program plans and contract requirements.
• Track and report performance metrics to ensure contract/subcontract compliance.
• Support continual improvement programs pertaining to government compliance.
• Work with the Trade Compliance Department to ensure compliance with export laws and regulations, as well as BAA/TAA requirements.
• Assist government and prime contract auditors, as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Educational minimum – bachelor’s degree
• Experience minimum – 2 years experience in administration of government contracts and compliance programs or U.S. federal contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
• Must be a U.S. citizen eligible for security clearance.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders at varying seniority levels in all organizations throughout the company.
• Must have abilities in problem solving, communication skills, conflict management, interpersonal skills, planning and organization, leadership and motivational skills, initiative, passion for excellence, knowledge of government contract requirements/regulations, including the FAR, DFARS and GSA Schedule contracting.
• Must be able to operate within Kennametal’s government contract compliance systems, including SAP, Cognitus and other systems, as identified.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming
environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
Kennametal Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As such, it is the policy of Kennametal Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or other protected status, group, or characteristic under federal, state, and/or local law or regulation. It is Kennametal Inc.’s policy to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.