Website Kopp Glass, Inc.
Kopp. The go-to solution for high-performance glass.
Kopp Glass, a Pittsburgh-based manufacturer of high-performance, custom glass products, seeking to hire a Senior Accountant to serve as an integral part of the finance & accounting team. Key responsibilities include maintaining the company’s financial records, supporting monthly and year-end closing processes, preparing timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with established closing schedules., and supporting various external audits. This position will also be responsible for many aspects of the internal control process. The ideal candidate is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA , or has obtained an MBA, with demonstrated ability to provide helpful support and expertise within an established manufacturing business.
What makes this opportunity unique?
Kopp Glass manufactures custom technical glass solutions across several market segments, including aerospace and defense, safety and signal lighting, energy and power distribution, and industrial, scientific, and medical equipment. The Senior Accountant position plays a crucial role in conducting key accounting activities to ensure the needs of the business are met timely and accurately. This on-site position requires someone who is motivated and action-oriented, and one who takes the initiative with a sense of urgency while managing multiple priorities simultaneously. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of effectiveness in fostering a “one team” mindset and have a track record of getting things done through a proven ability to motivate and inspire others to take action.
Summary Listing of Key Duties:
- Responsible for transacting the monthly financial processes, reporting and analyses, ensuring transactions are properly classified, and internal financial statements are reported in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain documented policies and procedures for all accounting operations and supports monitoring and continuous improvement of internal controls including process and policy design, accounting systems, recordkeeping, documentation, and overall effectiveness.
- Assist in providing documentation and review of external audit requests for the pension and year-end audits, while working directly with external auditors.
- Subsidiary accounting of intercompany transactions and the preparation of consolidated and entity specific financial reporting. Ensure all inter-company accounts for assigned entities are properly recorded and balanced on a periodic basis.
- Support the executive management team in the preparation of operating forecasts, budgets, or special reporting, as necessary, by collecting, critically analyzing, and consolidating financial data in conjunction with a deep understanding of historical financial information trends, and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate, or MBA preferred
- Four years of increasingly responsible accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, including experience with ERP systems
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software and technology quickly
Technologically proficient in Microsoft Office including, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Highly self-motivated individual who is skilled with taking on numerous projects and tasks and works effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Accuracy: Accountability for ensuring the accuracy of work for themselves and those on their team.
- Communication: Strong people skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment while being organized and timely.
- Critical Thinking: Ensures analyses are complete, accurate and provide useful information for the organization and stakeholders.
- Hitting deadlines: Execute and prioritize multiple projects meeting targeted goals.
- Collaboration: Initiative to provide updates with key stakeholders and seek assistance knowing that two or more minds working on a solution are better than one.
- Service-oriented mindset: Take extra steps, even for small tasks, which provide solutions rather than creating problems.
- Professional integrity: Communicate emergent issues immediately to act, address and correct, while maintaining high principles and values.
- Time management: Ability to start the most difficult tasks early while breaking up projects into specific action steps to keep assignments moving forward.
- Continuous improvement mindset: Responsible for advanced education by attending seminars, reading books and articles, and listening to thought leaders on self-improvement topics.
About Kopp Glass
At Kopp Glass we recognize that great employees are what truly differentiates us from our competitors, and we demonstrate that belief by continuously challenging, developing, and rewarding those who help us achieve our mission. Kopp Glass is a well-established company, and in this position, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with many of the departments throughout the organization and upper management. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package with options for medical and wellness care, 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation, and holidays, and more. You’ll be joining a long-standing company with a solid, industry-leading reputation for technical excellence and expertise in glass science, materials, and optical engineering. We are driven to be the very best, and we want people on our team who are dedicated to this mission.
Access to our facility (and therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens and permanent residents of the United States. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
To apply for this job please visit koppglass.bamboohr.com.