Website Kopp Glass, Inc.
Kopp. The go-to solution for high-performance glass.
Kopp Glass, a Pittsburgh-based manufacturer of high-performance, custom glass products, is seeking to hire a HR Compliance Specialist to administer established HR policies, procedures, and benefit plans with a focus on application of best practices and compliance. The HR Compliance provides responsive support on a range of employee and labor relations activities with a high degree of professionalism and utmost discretion in handling of sensitive and confidential matters. ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative work environment, exhibiting strong congruence with Kopp’s core values in building positive relationships.
What makes this opportunity unique?
Never one to shy away from a challenge, you’ll find our glass cruising on jets above the clouds at 40,000 feet or aiding in important scientific discovery a mile beneath Antarctica. We are driven to support the advancement of innovations that matter. Always at the forefront of technology, our customers are leading innovators and industry shapers who count on us to contribute deep expertise and knowhow in glassmaking to help solve complex engineering challenges. As a result of our rich history of collaboration, today we make things that very few in the world can, a source of pride for our employees and customers that defines who we are.
- Administers established HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with ACA, ADA, HIPAA, EEOC, OSHA, and other applicable laws and regulations in accordance with company policy, plan terms, and best practices.
- Acts as the primary HR representative in employee and labor relations with a strong focus on maintaining confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Handles a variety of essential HR tasks including benefits administration for employee health and welfare plans, supporting processes in talent acquisition, corporate compliance and recordkeeping, overseeing the integrity of our HRIS system, labor law compliance, and safety programs and initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with all new hire contingencies and throughout the employee life cycle. Administers and verifies pre-employment assessments and background checks; coordinates pre-employment physicals and drug screening, where applicable. Prepares and maintains new hire packets and policy acknowledgements. Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. Completes and verifies onboarding and offboarding tasks in accordance with new hire, termination, and layoff checklists and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a similar discipline
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Minimum 5 years of related HR experience
- Excellent understanding of compliance/employment and labor laws, preferably has experience in a union environment.
- Strong degree of professionalism, ethics, integrity and appreciation for sensitive and confidentiality matters
- This role requires an experienced HR professional with solid organization skills, a high capacity for attention to detail and a track record improving processes and efficiency
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with an HRIS, ATS, and/or other HR software
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time to at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to lift on occasion a maximum weight of 25 lbs.
- Sit – Approximately 80% of the workday
- Stand – Approximately 20% of the workday
- Must be able to perform essential functions while wearing required PPE (steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, etc.) while in the plant setting
About the company
At Kopp we recognize that great employees are what truly differentiates us from our competitors, and we demonstrate that belief by continuously challenging, developing, and rewarding those who help us achieve our mission. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package with options for medical and wellness care, 401(k) retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, and more. You’ll be joining a company with a solid, industry-leading reputation for technical excellence and expertise in glass science, materials, and optical engineering. We are driven to be the very best, and we want people on our team who are dedicated to this mission.
Access to our facility (and therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens and permanent residents of the United States. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes.
To apply for this job please visit koppglass.bamboohr.com.