Website PITT OHIO
Supply Chain, Ground, LTL, TL
PITT OHIO, a $900 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Developer II (Hybrid) to join our team at our Corporate Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
We offer competitive compensation, hospital/medical insurance with no weekly premiums, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
Reporting to the Director of Application Development, the incumbent is responsible for developing and integrating key operational application systems supporting Supply Chain Solutions. Responsible for developing custom interfaces, applications, automation, management, monitoring and reporting tools to augment and enhance an existing third-party application or technology and turn it into a complete service offering for internal use.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs and analyzing requirements
- Develops software systems of a minimally complex nature
- Identifies client’s software requirements with other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests and modifying program sequence and/or codes
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
- Maintains the development infrastructure and works with technical staff to ensure a smooth transition to production
- Assists in the preparation of high level work breakdown structures for projects
- Creates and maintains effective employee, vendor, and client relationships by providing timely, accurate responses and service-oriented offers of assistance
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiar with the Microsoft Development Stack Agile Principles
- Must be competent and proficient in Microsoft Office Software products, specifically Excel, Word, and PPT.
- Familiar with building websites with Microsoft Visual development tools
- Must possess superb trouble-shooting skills and persistence in problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential and ability to Initiate decisions and actions
- Must pay attention to detail and have the ability to learn quickly.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimal Travel. Weekend and night hours are occasionally required.
- Under department policy, the employee is eligible to work discussed shifts at the corporate office or at a home-based location.
- Primarily sedentary work. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. May be occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
- The general office environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are minimal hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Environment includes co-workers talking on the phone within close proximity.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions and protected for weather conditions and extreme temperature change.
- Visual Acuity including regular use of items including a computer screen or monitor.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communicate with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
To apply for this job please visit pittohio.balancetrak.com.