Website Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
The Development Coordinator provides essential administrative assistance to the Development department with a focus on Individuals and Events teams gift entry and acknowledgement letters. The Development Coordinator will function as ancillary support to the department, often collaborating with the Manager of Development Operations, Manager of Individual Support, and Manager of Events. This position will also serve as a Tessitura super-user for the entire Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with processing the daily mail deposit.
- Performs timely Tessitura data entry for Individual gifts to the Annual Fund, Endowment, Events, and special campaigns.
- Assists with posting and validation of daily deposits with Finance.
- Responsible for all receivable billings and following up on declined/expired credit cards.
- Responsible for generation of timely acknowledgement letters for Individuals and Events gifts.
- Help the Manager of Individual Support with fundraising campaigns, including tele-funding and digital fundraising appeals (email/social media).
- Assist with regular management of donor records including but not limited to updating contact information, bios, obituaries, plan steps, etc.
- Support the tracking and implementation of Individual donor benefits in tandem with Manager of Individual Support and Major Gifts team.
- Support additional communication with donors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience working in an office setting.
- Exceptional computer skills: proficiency in excel, word, and using mail merge; familiarity with database management.
- Excellent editorial, written, and verbal communication capabilities, including clear and concise writing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently but also as a member of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and/or weekends when necessary.
Preferred Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Previous work in a nonprofit setting.
- Familiarity with Tessitura database software.
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate related equipment, such as computer, copier, scanner.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an annual salary range between $39,000 – $41,000 depending upon experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, health benefits, as well as retirement savings options.
Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other class or category protected by local, state, or federal law.
The specific statements shown in each section of the description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. recognizes that an individual with a disability may require a job modification/ accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to such requests. Such requests should be directed to Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit www.pittsburghsymphony.org.