Website Pittsburgh Technical College
PURPOSE OF JOB
Pittsburgh Technical College is looking for an experienced individual to teach coursework in the School of Education as a primary job function.
This faculty position will focus on:
- Teach coursework in the General Education Programs.
- To provide training and student support to produce graduates who meet entry-level employment criteria for positions in specific field.
- Teach and support curriculum and assessment initiatives located on site at Oakdale, PA campus.
- Collaborate with academic leadership and program faculty to deliver course learning materials, assessments, and competencies to students.
- Support students with achieving course competencies through scheduled course time, office hours, and feedback.
- Grade student assessments within a week (or 72 hours for online courses) and record attendance, grades, and information regarding student progress in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Prepare students for entry level employment.
Master’s degree required in Art History or related field.
State Teaching Certificate is not required.
Minimum of four years of full-time related work experience.
Preference given to candidates with secondary and post-secondary prior teaching experience.
Part time – Hours will vary based on course being taught.
- Must pass criminal back ground check prior to starting position.
- Instructional time (based on 50 hour, 40 hour, or 30 hour schedule)
- Preparation time
- Office hours and other formal and informal interaction with the students; i.e., telephone, email
- Three hours per quarter of faculty meetings/in-service training
- Eight hours of pre-service training provided by the Center for Teaching and Learning
To apply for this job please visit ptcollege.edu.