Website Pittsburgh Technical College
This position has an obligation to uphold the mission of Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC). The characteristics of professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect, and accountability are essential. This key executive should possess strong personal and professional acumen.
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Work collaboratively with Pittsburgh Technical College faculty and staff focusing on the importance of the nursing students’ abilities to properly prepare and successfully complete NCLEX exam.
- Work with Academic Chair and Learning Assessment Coordinator to evaluate admissions test scores; identify at risk students as early as possible and meet at risk students as needed to provide required support.
- Responsible for teaching STEPS to Success course including up to 10 hours other nursing courses.
- Research test prep resources and provide faculty and students with training on options to be utilized.
- Conduct group and individual tutoring sessions focusing on study skills and test taking strategies
- Coordinate tutoring schedule for students and monitor student progress.
- Provide professional development for faculty in test construction, proper following of NCSBN test blueprint, and evaluation of Student Learning Objectives
- Integrate NCLEX test blueprint to develop individualized remediation plans for students
- Plan and coordinate end of program review courses and follow up activities.
- Monitor all classes using NCLEX preparation tools products, assuring that students are able to reach expected mastery levels
- Provide one-on-one counseling for those challenged by successful mastery of NCLEX preparation tools
- Collaborate with industry representatives to assure appropriate resources are used; evaluate student results and communicate results to students and faculty.
- Responsible for compiling analytical reports and data analysis of all NCLEX testing results; communicate data compilation to appropriate individuals; train faculty on interpreting reports
- Serve as test preparation resource for the School of Nursing Team
- Coordinate and facilitate remediation activities in the Simulation Centers
- Serve as an active member of Curriculum Committees
Attend all faculty meetings, appropriate professional development opportunities and on-going instructional meetings as requested
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Masters in Nursing with a focus in nursing education required
Current PA RN license required
- Prior experience working with test success initiatives
- Previous experience using on-line remediation tools and successfully overseeing NCLEX success program at another institution preferred
- Previous experience teaching preferred
- Current understanding of NCSBN testing process
- Proficient knowledge of technology required to oversee on-line, computer adaptive testing, creation of required reports and data analysis
- The faculty office schedule covers the ten-hour period between 7:00 am – 5:00 pm for day classes. Full-time Faculty are scheduled to work a nine-hour schedule within this time period. Most of these hours require the faculty member to be on campus to fulfill their duties of instructing classes, office hours for students, tutoring hours, and time required for department/staff and committee meetings.
- Faculty are permitted to go off-site to complete grading, write curriculum, etc. as their schedule permits.
- Faculty working off-site must notify their Academic Chair that they will be working off-site.
PERFORMANCE MEASURED BY:
Pass rate of students taking the NCLEX exam
PTC offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Must successfully complete criminal background check including Act 153 and FBI Fingerprinting..
To apply for this job please visit ptcollege.edu.