ADVANCED UI/UX GAME ARTIST POSITION
We are seeking a talented Advanced UI/UX Game Artist to work on projects ranging from online worlds and handheld games to themed interactive attractions. Team experience is essential, as is the ability to be self-directed and be able to prioritize workloads efficiently.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to handle both technical and artistic issues during game development, as well as be able to work quickly in a team atmosphere with schedules and reliable milestone delivery. Passion for precise and usable interface design and the ability to reach a wide range of styles within the media are crucial.
This candidate should have previous experience working within Photoshop, Illustrator and game engines to create fully functioning and navigable game UI and menu systems. Applicant is expected to have the ability to work with designers and game engineers to both communicate and implement these systems in-game.
- Previous industry experience equivalent to 4+ years in UI/UX design for game titles or applications
- Portfolio of work must be available for review, including process and UI wireframes
- Demonstrate competency in UI implementation in at least one game engine (Unity or Unreal preferred)
- UMG or Canvas based approaches to UI implementation should be represented
- Display excellent communication skills, both verbal and visual (flowcharts, experience beats vis storyboard, etc)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Flexibility with adoption of art styles and direction is critical
- Ability to be self-directed and work across both Design and Art (report to both Design and Art Directors)
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Concept art foundational skills
- Previous work with VR applications/Products
- Previous work with Location Based Experiences/Products
- BS/BA/BFA degree in graphic design, fine arts, visual communication, HCI, or similar
DEI COMMITMENT :
Our studio is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work environment that ensures that all applicants and team members are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any type of discrimination or harassment directed at any applicant or employee because of their sex, gender, gender identity, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran, family or parental status or any other protected group characteristic. This equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Prohibiting discrimination and harassment is only one part of the equation. “Diversity makes us strong” is more than just something we say. We value diversity in all forms because it is essential to our success, and we want every member of our team to feel their best creative self. Our development environment and social culture are based on welcoming, respecting, and celebrating differences among our team members and our players. We rely on each person to add their own unique skills and perspective to our culture. Every member of our team is responsible for making the studio as inclusive and equitable as possible.
Candidate selected for this position will be subject to standard employment verification and criminal background check upon offer of contingent employment.
To apply for this job please visit sg.bamboohr.com.