Direct Support Professional – Full-time
Are you a mission-driven individual looking for a career to make a difference in someone’s life? Are you seeking a position that offers flexibility to fit your schedule, including various shifts and weekends? Achieva offers career opportunities to individuals who are caring, compassionate and kind.
Achieva is an organization where everyone is valued and respected. Achieva employees support people with disabilities as they live, work, play, and follow their life aspirations.
$2,000 Hiring Bonus!
At Achieva, we envision a community where all people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance. We are an organization of professionals and community partners that help people reach their individualized goals. For over 70 years, Achieva has been committed to the support and inclusion of those with disabilities.
- $15.76 per hour
- Location: Greater Pittsburgh region (location determined based on business needs and where you reside)
- Full time
- Vehicle at each site for transportation, but a valid driver’s license is required
- Flexible work schedule
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) provide direct care and personalized support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a community setting ensuring their health, safety, and welfare. DSPs positively impact the people we support in a number of ways: taking people to medical appointments, participating in recreational activities, helping people with personal care, and supporting activities of daily living.
Job Responsibilities – Highlights
- Understands, supports and advocates with people we support by helping them achieve their vision of a good life.
Identifies, documents and shares concerns and successes as appropriate.
- Transports and accompanies people to activities, appointments and events.
- Helps with personal care tasks as needed.
- Assists with money management by promoting independence.
- Administers medications.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Benefits – Full time
- Medical, dental, and vision with low employee monthly contributions and low deductibles.
- Achieva pays for term life insurance, accidental death insurance, and long-term disability.
- Achieva contributes to the 403(b) retirement plan after 1 year with or without employee contributions.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
The equivalent of a High School Diploma is required. Ability to complete one person transfers is required. One year of related experience is preferred. A valid driver’s license is required. Must meet Act 33 and 34 requirements and pass an FBI background check. Must obtain CPR certification within six months of start date. as well as complete all training requirements associated with the Direct Support Professional position.
Achieva is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Achieva is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at 412-995-5000 ext.650, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.