Website Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Does This Sound Like You?
Are you a digital marketing professional with a passion for the arts? Do you want to work for an internationally recognized orchestra? If so, consider a career as Digital Engagement Manager for the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. This is a full-time, hybrid position based out of our office located in downtown Pittsburgh.
Who We Are:
The two-time 2018 GRAMMY® Award-winning Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is credited with a rich history of engaging the world’s finest conductors and musicians and demonstrates a genuine commitment to the Pittsburgh region and its citizens. Known for its artistic excellence for more than 120 years, the Pittsburgh Symphony today is lauded as the region’s international cultural ambassador. The Symphony’s mission is to engage, enrich, and inspire through unparalleled live musical experiences and is committed to their values of excellence, inclusivity, integrity, celebration, and enjoyment.
The Marketing and Communications team is responsible for developing the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra’s (PSO) physical and online audiences through targeted campaigns, outstanding online content, PR opportunities, brand development, and online community management. The Digital Engagement Manager is responsible for the development, maintenance, and evaluation of externally facing PSO websites, web content, and digital app. Under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Digital Engagement, the Digital Engagement Manager will provide creative input, research, and implementation of online interactions. They will create, deliver, and evaluate digital communications that reinforce positive engagement with guests of the PSO and Heinz Hall. This newly created position will utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and apply industry best practices as they help further PSO’s digital marketing efforts with strategy enhancement, process implementation, analytical reporting, and ongoing optimization of campaigns. In addition to driving revenue by creating an improved online customer experience with the PSO, this position will manage the PSO digital app.
- Serve as primary administrator of all externally facing PSO websites by managing content development, software integrations, and routine updates.
- Collaborate with teams and key stakeholders across the PSO to develop digital content that creatively showcases our events and musicians.
- Work closely with our Marketing, Communications, Patron Services, Box Office, and IT teams to evaluate and optimize customer journeys between website and ticketing.
- Identify, implement, and manage solutions for engaging end-to-end customer journeys.
- Seek out and mange opportunities for the PSO to improve engagement with its digital offerings.
- Develop and implement guidelines for website data analysis.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Digital Engagement to ensure that digital campaigns are integrated, tracked, and analyzed and that customer data is managed and used appropriately.
- Coordinate with team members to integrate web experience with social media strategy, email campaigns, use of multimedia technologies, and other digital outreach while incorporating digital initiatives into overall marketing strategies.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Digital Engagement and Director of Marketing to develop new strategies.
- Support the development and execution of email campaigns including automations, transactional messages, segmentations, and targeting audiences to maximize impact.
- Assist with social media account management.
- Identify emerging trends in digital engagement.
Necessary Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of website content management systems as well as social media management and evaluation tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- An understanding of end-to-end customer journeys and delivering excellent and engaging user experiences.
- Demonstrable experience using Google suite of tools—specifically Analytics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency at tailoring marketing communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to communicate well and frequently with colleagues.
- Ability to identify opportunities and proactively improve practices.
- A clear, analytical, and flexible approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail, organized, and able to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, communications, advertising, related field or equivalent certifications and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the digital space.
Desirable Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Experience with Google Ads, Tag Manager, and Meta Business Suite.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and multimedia editing tools.
- Understanding of technical aspects of digital content, such as SEO, UX, and A/B testing.
- Demonstrable experience managing relationships with web development providers.
- Experience with email marketing platforms along with a solid understanding of CRM systems preferred.
- Experience working with ticketed arts and entertainment venues with online ticketing needs a plus.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an annual salary range starting at $50,000. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, health benefits, as well as retirement savings options.
Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other class or category protected by local, state, or federal law.
The specific statements shown in each section of the description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
Pittsburgh Symphony, Inc. recognizes that an individual with a disability may require a job modification/ accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to such requests. Such requests should be directed to Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit www.pittsburghsymphony.org.