Website Allegheny County Department of Human Resources
$80,000 – $85,000 per year
How to Apply:
Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field AND three (3) or more years of employee benefit experience and data analysis, preferably in HRIS or Human Resources. Experience supervising and/or directing the work of others is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass a background check, which includes verification of Allegheny County Real Estate Tax status, and drug/medical examinations as required for the position. The pre-employment drug screen must be completed within 48 hours of the acceptance of the conditional offer of employment.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Director of Human Resources, the position of Benefits/HRIS Administrator is a professional administrative position within the Department of Human Resources that manages the day-to-day operations of the HR/Benefits section and provides direction to assigned Benefits staff. The Benefits/HRIS Administrator conducts analytical process planning and data management within HRIS systems to support human resources functions and activities including but not limited to benefit program compliance under applicable federal and state regulations, benefit plan implementation and eligibility updates, direct carrier and vendor file feeds, auditing for data integrity, and year-end processing. The incumbent will also develop and conduct relevant training, write data process/procedure manuals, ensure compliance with relevant contractual requirements, and perform vendor management/monitoring. Work is performed independently and in accordance with applicable Federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern employers. The incumbent must be able to demonstrate a high degree of analytical mastery over assigned subject matter.
- Provides day-to-day oversight of the HR/Benefits Section and supervises and directs the work of assigned benefits staff.
- Assists with vendor and HRIS benefit enrollment processes.
- Oversees the management of benefit programs, initiatives and activities (e.g., post-retiree benefit program; tuition reimbursement; employee wellness; open enrollment, etc.).
- Responds to employee inquiries concerning employee benefits.
- Serves as escalation point to resolve complex benefit inquiries, issues, and problems.
- Facilitates benefit presentation at new employee orientation.
- Supports the implementation and administration of benefit plans (e.g. health, vision, dental, life insurance, voluntary worksite benefits, etc.); carrier/plan changes and troubleshooting; works with vendors on relevant issues during set-up, implementation and testing of benefit plans and programs.
- Consults with appropriate personnel (e.g., Employment and
- Compensation Manager, IT staff, departmental management throughout the County and payroll personnel, etc.) to address and resolve contractual, policy and technical matters related to the work.
- Monitors HR system performance and identifies processes that need improvement; outlines appropriate solutions and supports implementation of those solutions.
- Develops, generates, monitors, reviews, and analyzes standard and ad hoc reports generated from HRIS systems (i.e., JDE, Infor, NOVATime, Businessolver etc.) to ensure data integrity and maintenance of correct information.
- Monitors data for compliance with applicable laws and regulations (e.g., ACA; 457B plan, etc.).
- Serves as liaison between Human Resources, Information
- Technology and JDE Service Center to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of HR and HRIS users.
- Works with JDE Service Center/Payroll and relevant partners on timely processing of year-end processes, employee changes, rollovers, plan updates and enrollment, position control and other related tasks.
- Participates in development, configuration, implementation, testing, security, and monitoring of HR information systems, including making system enhancements based on new or evolving changes (e.g., ensuring system configuration accuracy; ensuring DBAs and DBA changes function properly, etc.); acts as data steward for HR-related data.
- Develops appropriate user documentation and procedures; assists in training users on system functionality and reporting.
- Performs related tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of human resources, benefits administration, and plan design.
- HRIS systems (e.g., JDE, INFOR, etc.).
Relevant provisions of collective bargaining agreements.
- Applicable laws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures governing the work.
- Operations and functions of County departments.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook; ReportsNow functionality; etc.).
- Analyze and interpret data, reports, union agreements, employee benefit plans and policies, and other employee and employment related records and information.
- Develop and analyze standard and ad hoc reports relating to employee demographics, benefit plans, benefit time accruals, learning management, etc.
- Interpret and follow applicable laws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve issues.
- Utilize databases, spreadsheets, word processing and other software and automated systems related to the work.
Residency: Allegheny County within 1 year.
Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – M/F/V/D
To apply for this job please visit apps.alleghenycounty.us.