Nelson Cooper IV is Underwriter in the Corporate & Institutional Banking (C&IB) line of business at The PNC Financial Services Group. Specifically, Nelson works in the Regional Credit Products Group providing strategic financial and credit analysis for customers in PNC’s Financial Institutions and Professional Sports verticals. Nelson is passionate about giving back to the community and holds numerous leadership positions in and out of the workplace. At work, Nelson helped launch and is the Manager of the PNC Women Connect Employee Business Resource Group (EBRG) Male Ambassador Program which is a group of men advocating on behalf of women in the workplace. In addition, he served as the Vice President of the African American EBRG for two years. In addition to being a member of the Vibrant Pittsburgh Next Generation Council, Nelson is involved in several other organizations in the following capacities:
- Community Liaison & 18U Head Baseball Coach – Pittsburgh Pirates Reviving Baseball in the Inner Cities (RBI)
- Member, Board of Trustees – Fund for Advancement of Minorities through Education (FAME)
- Member, Board of Directors Pittsburgh Urban Magnet Project (PUMP) • Member, Board of Directors – Pennsylvania Collation Against Rape (PCAR)
- Member – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh Young Professional Outreach Board (YPO)
- Member, Board of Directors – Ozanam, Inc.
Given his dedication to the community, Nelson was honored by The Incline Magazine as a part of the 2019, Who’s Next Pittsburgh: Community Leaders & Social Activists – 40 Under 40 Award Winners. In addition, Nelson was honored by the Pennsylvania Statewide Afterschool/Youth Development Network as an After-School Champion in the Policy Category.
Nelson moved to Pittsburgh from Seattle, Washington after graduating Summa Cum Laude from North Carolina Central University (NCCU) in December 2015. At NCCU, Nelson was a member of the baseball team and majored in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance while maintaining a 4.0 GPA.